POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Shopping for TVs Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  Shopping for TVs (Message 156 to 165 of 205)
From: Stephen
Subject: Re: Shopping for TVs
Date: 3 Dec 2008 15:09:08
Message: <1qpdj4lf4psb91ubsnb152tsrasf7dlfvo@4ax.com>
On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:04:40 +0000, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Gail wrote:
>
>> If your knife blunts after cutting paper, it's a very poor quality knife.
>
>Quite possibly. The "3 cuts" was an exaggeration of course, but IME any
>knife, no matter how sharp initially, quickly becomes as blunt as all
>the other knives in the building.

That could be because no one sharpens them. Or is it entropy or the bad knife
fairy?
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 3 Dec 2008 15:11:40
Message: <4936e7fc$1@news.povray.org>
>>> If your knife blunts after cutting paper, it's a very poor quality knife.
>> Quite possibly. The "3 cuts" was an exaggeration of course, but IME any
>> knife, no matter how sharp initially, quickly becomes as blunt as all
>> the other knives in the building.
>
> That could be because no one sharpens them. Or is it entropy or the bad knife
> fairy?

There seems little point in sharpening a blade unless it's actually
going to *stay* sharp for a reasonable period of time.

Not entropy, just the fact that solid objects all wear down when used. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/