POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tape it up Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Tape it up (Message 22 to 31 of 31)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Tape it up
Date: 1 Dec 2008 13:10:26
Message: <49342892$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 14:40:00 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 13:43:25 +0000, Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>
>>Mike Raiford wrote:
>>
>>> There's a reason I always keep a swiss army knife with me.
>>
>>OK, now I must know... Do those things ACTUALLY WORK??
>
> Yup! I've got two. The small one I carry in my pocket and the larger one
> (12 blades) saved my life when I had to cut my leg off as the water was
> rising.

Funny you should mention this, there is something that happened like this
in southern Utah in the last year....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen
Date: 1 Dec 2008 14:59:19
Message: <efg8j45jq1cvbjf7sk1jdacd1h9m9qph74@4ax.com>
On 1 Dec 2008 13:10:26 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>> Yup! I've got two. The small one I carry in my pocket and the larger one
>> (12 blades) saved my life when I had to cut my leg off as the water was
>> rising.
>
>Funny you should mention this, there is something that happened like this
>in southern Utah in the last year....

It has been known and I exaggerated. I took a sea urchin spine out of my foot
with the tweezers.

The tools I mostly use are the larger blade, file, scissors, Philips and flat
head screwdriver, ruler, magnifying glass, corkscrew, bottle opener and the
reamer. I can use the can opener but never had any use for the fish scaler.
I've had mine for almost twenty years, it was a safety award.
--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:59:07 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 1 Dec 2008 13:10:26 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>
>>> Yup! I've got two. The small one I carry in my pocket and the larger
>>> one (12 blades) saved my life when I had to cut my leg off as the
>>> water was rising.
>>
>>Funny you should mention this, there is something that happened like
>>this in southern Utah in the last year....
>
> It has been known and I exaggerated. I took a sea urchin spine out of my
> foot with the tweezers.

LOL, of course you did. ;-)

> The tools I mostly use are the larger blade, file, scissors, Philips and
> flat head screwdriver, ruler, magnifying glass, corkscrew, bottle opener
> and the reamer. I can use the can opener but never had any use for the
> fish scaler. I've had mine for almost twenty years, it was a safety
> award.

Myself, I carry a Leatherman micra (except to the airport).  Handy
tool. :-)

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On 1 Dec 2008 18:34:00 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>> It has been known and I exaggerated. I took a sea urchin spine out of my
>> foot with the tweezers.
>
>LOL, of course you did. ;-)

I did, I did! Honest Injun

>Myself, I carry a Leatherman micra (except to the airport).  Handy
>tool. :-)

I've got one too but seldom use it but then I've been off the tools for years.
:(
--

Regards
     Stephen