POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet Server Time
9 Sep 2024 19:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Be very very quiet (Message 361 to 370 of 618)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: Be very very quiet
Date: 26 Jan 2009 09:16:24
Message: <497dc5b8@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> It's the Frankenthread! :-)
>>>
>>> Jim
>> Mmm, Frankenthreads and Zombie processes.
>
> And this Frankenthread is multi-threaded at that.  Very sophisticated. ;-)
>
> Jim

Wouldn't that be fibers, rather than threads? This thread has fibers.

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Jan 2009 13:15:45
Message: <497dfdd1$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 11:01:09 +0000, Stephen wrote:

> On 25 Jan 2009 15:59:18 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>

>>Um,
>
> Buzz!
>
> Hesitation!

Dammit!

>>what's another word for "Repetition"? ;-)
>>
> Loser?

No, I'm thinking of another one. ;-)

>>> Thank you very much (for the Aintree Iron)
>>
>>Do you get to choose your prize? ;-)
>>
> Afraid not, they are awarded by the chairman.

Ah, yes.  This week's prize is the latest addition to our new range of
transcendental furniture - it's an occasional table.

>>> The weather is not nice so "Gare du Nord"
>>
>>OK, I'll take the subway to Stalingrad.  That'll keep us away from the
>>bad weather.
>
> That puts me in jeopardy of falling foul of "Heisenberg's very
> uncertainty principle" by doubling back on the rebound. Using the local
> "Pascal manoeuvre" I jaunt to Jardin des Tuileries.

I think it's time to move quickly.....Concorde.  It's a shame they
retired them.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 08:14:16 -0600, Mike Raiford wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> Mmm, Frankenthreads and Zombie processes.
>>
>> And this Frankenthread is multi-threaded at that.  Very sophisticated.
>> ;-)
>>
>> Jim
>
> Wouldn't that be fibers, rather than threads? This thread has fibers.

We could break brains and say it's a "multi-fibered thread".  Or a multi-
multi-threaded process by the transitive property.

Jim

Post a reply to this message