POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very very quiet : Re: Be very very quiet Server Time
9 Sep 2024 21:27:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very very quiet
From: Stephen
Date: 30 Jan 2009 03:58:03
Message: <l7g5o41nvn2b598gh68ot0cjje19jpngtp@4ax.com>
On 26 Jan 2009 13:15:45 -0500, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>I think it's time to move quickly.....Concorde.  It's a shame they
>retired them.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water ;)

Versailles.

What a carry on with my laptop. It was refusing to boot up 4 times out of 5,
shutting down hard just after the option to enter the bios. So I reinstalled
Vista, would you believe it formatted my HDD not just the vista partition.
Luckily I saved all my Pov files (16 Gigs including meshes) to an external HDD.
Now I'm in the process of loading all the programmes I use. At least I can
winnow out the ones I installed but don't use. I bought a 1 TB external drive so
I won't have to do that again, just restore an image.
Phew!
--

Regards
     Stephen