POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Oh dear... (Message 41 to 50 of 130)
From: Gail
Subject: Re: Oh dear...
Date: 14 Nov 2008 02:48:42
Message: <491d2d5a@news.povray.org>
news:491c9f6f$1@news.povray.org...

> Damn. My *desktop* only has a GeForce 7900GT. o_O

I've got an 8800 in my new one.

> paid for your laptop, do I?

It was about $1800 and that was just over a year ago.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz
2 GB memory
2x120 GB hard drives
1x HD drive/multi-format CD/DVD read/write
17" screen

Very nice notebook. Heavy though.

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 14 Nov 2008 05:10:42
Message: <491d4ea2$1@news.povray.org>
>> ...so, rather like real Oracle backups then.
>>
>> Presumably the guy did a little researching on Oracle and found *a*
>> way to make a copy of the data, and that's what we're using.
>>
>> Using a logical backup rather than a physical backup does take up less
>> disk space. However, it takes more time to backup and restore (and
>> these operations are logged transactions, and triggers can fire, etc.)
>> Myself I'd prefer a real physical backup...
>>
> How much diskspace are we talking about? Remember current price is about

I have no idea how large their database is. I only know how big my one is.

Post a reply to this message