POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Oh dear... (Message 31 to 40 of 130)
From: Gail
Subject: Re: Oh dear...
Date: 13 Nov 2008 16:26:08
Message: <491c9b70@news.povray.org>
news:491c9a27$1@news.povray.org...

>>> ago...
>>>

>> I do hope it was gold-plated.
>
> SATA-II. Does that count?

No. Mine's also a SATA 2.

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 13 Nov 2008 16:43:11
Message: <491c9f6f$1@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

>> OK, that's pretty impressive. Does it have RAID capability in hardware?
>
> No. It's still a notebook. Even my desktop doesn't have true hardware
> RAID. The motherboard drivers support RAID, but I wouldn't call that
> hardware.

OK, neither would I.

(FWIW... doesn't Windows support RAID without special drivers anyway? Or
is that only in the server editions?)

>> Also, does it have hardware 3D acceleration? (I still can't believe
>> you can get that in laptops now...)
>
> Yup. It's got a GeForce 7600 built in.

Damn. My *desktop* only has a GeForce 7900GT. o_O

paid for your laptop, do I?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 13 Nov 2008 17:40:05
Message: <491cacc5@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Well, you say all that, but if I do the same operation using the CLI
> instead, it's instantaneous. Clearly this is just another instance of
> Windows Explorer being retarded. (I know on many computers, Explorer
> uses more RAM than any other process. WTF?)

I don't know any other program that can load so many 3rd party DLLs (COM
objects to be precise).

Oh, maybe iexplore.exe.
http://www.realtamadwarek.org/friends-dont-let-friends-use-ie.jpg

Post a reply to this message