POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Oh dear... (Message 121 to 130 of 130)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Oh dear...
Date: 15 Dec 2008 14:09:17
Message: <4946ab5d$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:39:15 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> But California isn't allowed to set up customs between states, nor bar
> residents of other states from entering, and I suspect saying "you're
> allowed in but your car is banned" would count as a customs.

Doesn't CA still have import restrictions from other states on certain
foods, though?

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 15 Dec 2008 14:37:42
Message: <4946b206$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Doesn't CA still have import restrictions from other states on certain
> foods, though?

It's certainly more legal to limit business dealings across state lines than
it is to say "you're not allowed to walk across the border carrying that."

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 11:37:40 -0800, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Doesn't CA still have import restrictions from other states on certain
>> foods, though?
>
> It's certainly more legal to limit business dealings across state lines
> than it is to say "you're not allowed to walk across the border carrying
> that."

My understanding (having never driven into CA myself) was that there were
certain plants/fruits/whatever that weren't allowed in the state even by
tourists.  I always thought it was a little weird myself.

Jim

Post a reply to this message