POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Oh dear... : Re: Oh dear... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oh dear...
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Dec 2008 18:02:12
Message: <4946e1f4$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> My understanding (having never driven into CA myself) was that there were
> certain plants/fruits/whatever that weren't allowed in the state even by
> tourists.  I always thought it was a little weird myself.

I believe they check at the airports if you're coming in internationally.
There may indeed be laws against importing fruits known to often carry
parasites. (The ban isn't on oranges (say), but on oranges carrying the
larvae of bugs that'll eat all the orange trees in CA. But since you can't
see them from the outside, they ban the oranges.)

But there's nothing stopping you from driving between states. They may
certainly ask you not to bring food stuff, but I don't think they're allowed
to inspect for it. But I'm not a lawyer.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)