POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:22:37 EDT (-0400)
  Hints for drivers (Message 21 to 30 of 68)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Hints for drivers
Date: 12 Nov 2008 03:12:05
Message: <491a8fd5$1@news.povray.org>
> In some countries, they put green+yellow means it's about to go red,

We (UK and Germany and most other countries I've been to) have just solid
amber to mean it's about to go red.  It's illegal to go through on red and
you will be fined (or photographed then fined!), so the amber is needed to
give people a chance to stop before it goes red.  Faster roads have longer
amber phases to avoid you needing to do an emergency stop in fear of running
a red.

> and red+yellow means it's about to go green. Sounds dangerous to me,
> doubly-so if it really means you are allowed to go thru on red+yellow.

Technically you are not allowed to go through on red+amber, it means "ok
green is going to come on in about 1 second so make sure you're in gear and
ready to go".  Under normal circumstances if you just begin your "pull away"
sequence when the red+amber comes on you'll cross the line as it turns
green, so no problems.

Post a reply to this message