POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hints for drivers : Re: Hints for drivers Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hints for drivers
From: scott
Date: 12 Nov 2008 03:16:44
Message: <491a90ec$1@news.povray.org>
> My favorite is when your light turns green
> which means that the other traffic must have been red for 3-4 seconds
> yet cars are still continuing to go through the intersection trying to
> 'beat' the red.

In the UK at least I see a lot of junctions where the instant one direction
changes from amber to red, the other changes from red to red+amber.  If you
have a 3-4 second delay where all directions are on red, then of course
people are going to be tempted to carry on jumping the red for a few seconds
after it's switched from green.

> Another is when you are going to make a right turn and almost hit the guy
> that's been driving on the shoulder for 1/4 mile to make his right turn.

Hehe, I guess you don't need to look out for cyclists while making right
turns there, here you just get into the habit of *always* looking to the
right - alongside and behind you - before actually turning.