POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Luniversity studies (Message 61 to 70 of 203)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Luniversity studies
Date: 12 Nov 2008 09:16:59
Message: <491ae55b$1@news.povray.org>
Gail wrote:

> You may not always get paid to write open source, but it's good practice
> at writing real applications and working with (lots) of other people,
> and it looks very good on a CV

You're not the first person to point this out.

Unfortunately, it requires real talent. (And, usually, C/C++ skills.)

Post a reply to this message

From: scott
Date: 12 Nov 2008 09:29:18
Message: <491ae83e@news.povray.org>
> Well, I had a diagram for a circuit where you connect a lamp to the
> battery through a linear potentiometer. The brightness of the lamp
> varies roughly linearly. But the brightness of an LED... does not.

LED brightness is proportional to current not voltage!

Post a reply to this message

> losers they were! I still remember the weekly paper fights. Oh, and the
> C'paddy races. (The objective being to say the word "c'paddy" the most
> times in 60 seconds.) Like, WTF?

Was there running and wrestling at the same time? If so, could be this:

http://www.kabaddi.org/History.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaddi

Post a reply to this message