POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Luniversity studies : Re: Luniversity studies Server Time
10 Oct 2024 11:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luniversity studies
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Nov 2008 12:06:20
Message: <491b0d0c$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> MOST companies need salesmen. Not all of them, but most of them.

Every company needs at least one salesman. Sometimes that person is also
(say) the inventor, president, and CEO, tho. :-)

>> Most jobs requiring competence don't advertise. It's mostly
>> word-of-mouth.
>
> ....and since I don't know anybody, it's not going to be me.

That is definitely a stumbling block.  Another kind of thing you learn
at school...

> SOME people want somebody who can definitely do the job RIGHT NOW.

Yes. And not infrequently, those are exactly the companies you don't
want to work for, because everything is a broken mess and they don't
have any money to pay you even if they knew what they wanted.  At least
in the software world.

> (E.g., I suspect if you applied to work for Google,

Not if their interview process is anything to go on.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)