POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : in agorum laborat Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:33:50 EDT (-0400)
  in agorum laborat (Message 37 to 46 of 56)
From: Chambers
Subject: Re: in agorum laborat
Date: 11 Nov 2008 13:55:11
Message: <8090A3F87573436295D10AAFD6BA5CE9@HomePC>

That one's at least understandable because, in many languages, a
double-negative like that is really just "extra" negative.  They don't
use a logical "not".

> --
>                                                           - Warp

...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com

Post a reply to this message

From: Gail
Date: 11 Nov 2008 15:27:17
Message: <4919eaa5@news.povray.org>
"Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote in message
> [...]

Afrikaans, for example, requires a double negative. Without both, the
sentence is gramatically incorrect

eg "Ek het nie die man gesien nie"
Lit: "I have not the man seen not"

Post a reply to this message