POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video game Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:21:09 EDT (-0400)
  Video game (Message 1 to 10 of 33)
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Subject: Video game
Date: 9 Nov 2008 20:28:28
Message: <49178e3c@news.povray.org>
I have an AMD Dual Core 4200+ 64-bit, with 2GB of RAM, a GeForce 8600 GT
video card, and a 19" screen. I guess it could run many "modern" video
games. But guess what I am playing?

http://stuff.povaddict.com.ar/nicolas/gens.png (1.4MB)

Does anyone know what the SEGA hardware specs are? :) I think it's kinda sad
to see how much CPU time this emulator is using (between 20% and 50%
depending on resolution; and jumps to 100% if sound is disabled, wtf?)

It wasn't too easy to get the emulator working. I built it from source. It
gave some really weird compile errors. For a moment I thought I'd have to
do major source changes, then I noticed the problem is it dislikes 64-bit.
I had to do everything from a 32-bit chroot (which involved installing the
dev. files of GTK+, more than 20MB). But hey, it works :)

Post a reply to this message