POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video game Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Video game (Message 11 to 20 of 33)
From: nemesis
Subject: Re: Video game music
Date: 11 Nov 2008 06:15:39
Message: <4919695b$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>> I've been finding that some of the music composers for video game
>>> music write some pretty good stuff.  There are a few tunes I keep
>>> humming, even now, twenty years after playing the games, and I have a
>>> few in my Media Player playlist.
>>
>> Who doesn't? ;)
>
> That's nothing. I _perform_ music from computer games! :-P
>
> (I'd show you, but then I'd probably get sued out of existence...)

Not really.  If I'm not wrong, a bunch of orchestras around the world

grow, I guess...

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 11 Nov 2008 06:17:58
Message: <491969e6@news.povray.org>
nemesis wrote:

>>> Who doesn't? ;)
>>
>> That's nothing. I _perform_ music from computer games! :-P
>>
>> (I'd show you, but then I'd probably get sued out of existence...)
>
> Not really.  If I'm not wrong, a bunch of orchestras around the world

> grow, I guess...

Yeah, but did they have _permission_?

If so, that's completely different.

Hell, my sister's school staged a production of Joseph and the
Technicoloured Dreamcoat. But they had _permission_. (Not to mention the
complete orchestral score.)

Actually, it makes me kind of jelous. How the **** do you *get* that
stuff?! There are some ALW scores I'd love to get my hands on - but what
are the chances of that?

Post a reply to this message

>>> That's nothing. I _perform_ music from computer games! :-P
>>>
>>> (I'd show you, but then I'd probably get sued out of existence...)
>>
>> Not really.  If I'm not wrong, a bunch of orchestras around the world

>> will grow, I guess...
>
> Yeah, but did they have _permission_?

Yeah, obviously sponsored by the game companies.

> Actually, it makes me kind of jelous. How the **** do you *get* that
> stuff?! There are some ALW scores I'd love to get my hands on - but what
> are the chances of that?

That's the tought part, yes.  Getting the musical scores.  I heard in
japan the game companies publish popular game's musical scores.  Lookup
for game sheetmusic...

Post a reply to this message

> That's the tought part, yes.  Getting the musical scores.  I heard in
> japan the game companies publish popular game's musical scores.  Lookup
> for game sheetmusic...

Or just find a MIDI file to download and look at.

Post a reply to this message

>> That's the tought part, yes.  Getting the musical scores.  I heard in
>> japan the game companies publish popular game's musical scores.
>> Lookup for game sheetmusic...
>
> Or just find a MIDI file to download and look at.

I'm looking at one right now and seeing nothing but hex numbers. :)

Ok, lame jokes aside, it's still difficult to find game MIDIs (yes, I
know of vgmusic site) and, specially, piano single game MIDIs...

Post a reply to this message