POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Video game : Re: Video game music Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Video game music
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 11 Nov 2008 08:22:28
Message: <49198713@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> That's nothing. I _perform_ music from computer games! :-P
>
> (I'd show you, but then I'd probably get sued out of existence...)

Why would you get sued?

I wouldn't really think twice about posting a recording of myself playing
video game music (actually I would, but not for legal reasons). I would
even post playing "modern" music, where the authors are still alive and
playing it and getting money for it :)

What I definitely wouldn't do is post the original for comparison (although
I wish I could); that would be probably considered piracy.