POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's here! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:19:30 EDT (-0400)
  It's here! (Message 83 to 92 of 92)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: It's here!
Date: 10 Nov 2008 13:43:29
Message: <491880d1$1@news.povray.org>
Eero Ahonen wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> Now, where the HELL am I going to find a girl? :-P
>
> You can make one. Just make couple of women pregnant and one of them
> probably will give you a girl after 40 weeks.

Hey! No recursive solutions! :-P

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: andrel
Date: 10 Nov 2008 17:47:38
Message: <4918BA61.7000009@hotmail.com>
On 10-Nov-08 17:35, Mike Raiford wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>

>> Now, where the HELL am I going to find a girl? :-P
>
> Well, given the fact that roughly 50% of the human population is female
> ... there should be one nearby. :)

Yes, but that is his mother.

Post a reply to this message

From: Michael Raiford
Date: 10 Nov 2008 21:56:58
Message: <4918f47a$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> To illustrate:
>>>
>>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ02Lu8Zuzw
>>>

>> Wow... just .. wow :) Yeah, definitely dos not sound like an organ.
>> More tantamount to a modern-day electronic keyboard, but the whole
>> thing is physical. Amazing what can be done with pipes.
>
> Yeah. Isn't it just?

Hmm. Found off the Wurlitzer video. @ approx 2:30 all of the knobs on
the console just change , changing the timbre of the organ. This is a
church organ, but looks to be a pretty good size one.

Post a reply to this message

From: Michael Raiford
Date: 10 Nov 2008 22:05:28
Message: <4918f678@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Michael Raiford wrote:
>>> Wow... just .. wow :) Yeah, definitely dos not sound like an organ.
>>> More tantamount to a modern-day electronic keyboard, but the whole
>>> thing is physical. Amazing what can be done with pipes.
>>
>> Then there are the (movie) "theatre organs", used for soundtracks
>> before film had sound.  They usually had keys for things like
>> gunshots, cymbals, snare drums, hoof beats, steam whistles, and so on.
>
> ...and then there's this Wurlitzer rendition:
>
> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=G-JrgiWDgmI
>
> Even though the recording quality is pathetic, you still get an
> impression of what an amazing instrument this is.
>
> I still adore the sound of a plain old pipe organ though!

Another theater organ. Wow. These things are truly amazing instruments!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bj1i-WrqXC0&feature=related

Post a reply to this message