POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's here! : Re: It's here! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's here!
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 13 Nov 2008 08:30:28
Message: <491c2bf4$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>
>> I wonder how many days it will be before some 12 year old posts a
>> comment telling me I suck?
>

> So there you have it then. I suck.

Apparently. If I knew French, I'm sure the criticisms would make more
sense. Google seemed to translate this pretty well. What this person
seems to be saying is that you're missing the arpeggios, you're not
using your right hand correctly, not using the footboard, and just the
chords, You did get the tempo right, This person is a student who says
students work hard on this piece for exams and competitions,

Ooh, this one's fighting words: Don't distribute videos that are
disrespectful of real musicians. This is very amateurish. Widor must be
turning in his grave.

A couple things that don't make sense in the translation: N'importe quoi
  translates to Anything. Doesn't make sense, and the last sentence
translates to "I do congratulate anyone!" again, doesn't make sense.
Some nuance about the language makes these translations awekward.

Also, I'm not sure if the writer actually meant "I have broken my teeth
on this piece" or a colloquialism like "I cut my teeth on this piece"

Hmm.

--
~Mike