POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's here! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 05:10:39 EDT (-0400)
  It's here! (Message 41 to 50 of 92)
From: Mike Raiford
Subject: Re: It's here!
Date: 6 Nov 2008 09:28:00
Message: <4912fef0@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Does that answer your questions?

I think ... It's a rather complicated machine, then? :)

OK, so the divisions then are the labeled items in each of the sections:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boardwalk_Hall_Auditorium_Organ

eg. Pedal Left, Unenclosed Chior, Great, etc ...

 From a different organ:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:String-Division-Middle-Sect.jpg

Each row of pipes would be a rank, then?

So, the string division on this organ has dozens of stops?

OK. When you mentioned stops, you mentioned a 32' (or was it 16'?) stop.
Obviously from the sheer size a very low note. How does that relate to
the organ.

FWIW, you really can't appreciate a pipe organ unless you hear it live.

The church my inlaws go to has a pipe organ that they actually use. It's
pretty much brand new. The lowest notes were simply incredible to
experience. (It is a legitimate pipe organ, you can see the display
pipes, I have no idea where the rest of the instrument is. I've not
actually looked at the console.)

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message