POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  YouTube (Message 14 to 23 of 73)
From: St
Subject: Re: YouTube
Date: 31 Oct 2008 03:49:40
Message: <490ab894$1@news.povray.org>
news:490975d6$1@news.povray.org...
> Invisible wrote:
> Still, I needn't have worried. Once I uploaded the video to YouTube, it
> became completely unrecognisible:
>
>   http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_-JbSpGve_c
>
> You now cannot even tell what it *is*! o_O

     Just add this to the end of the URL for higher quality:

      &fmt=18

     http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_-JbSpGve_c&fmt=18

      ~Steve~

> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 31 Oct 2008 04:55:21
Message: <490ac7f9$1@news.povray.org>
>> I have an MPEG1 encoder. I don't have an MPEG4 encoder. You do the
>> math. :-P
>
> So get one. You can get a 15-day trial of the dix-X convertor free, and
> XVid is GNU GPL-licenced software.

In that case... it must have been DivX I tried. (I definitely remember
it being a "trail version"; all the encoded videos had a watermark on them.)

>> (Besides, the video looked OK encoded in MPEG1. Trouble is, YouTube
>> resized it to some much smaller spatial resolution, rendering it
>> unrecognisible.
>
> It's all YouTube's fault.

Well, I guess if I knew exactly what size it resizes them to, I could
render at that resolution in the first place... For the video I was
thinking of uploading, I'd have to crop it though. The interesting parts
are barely visible at the *current* resolution, never mind with
downsampling...

Post a reply to this message