POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 Server Time
10 Oct 2024 10:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40 (Message 61 to 70 of 189)
From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: Linux really costs a _lot_ more than $40
Date: 26 Oct 2008 15:12:37
Message: <4904c125$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:40:46 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> YaST will let you do this.  I was just in there checking it out. :-)
>
> Cool. Perhaps they improved that since I first tried it a couple years
> ago. I couldn't imagine nothing would do it. I'm pretty sure the
> command-line fdisk on Linux allows it too.

Oh, sure fdisk or cfdisk will let you change the active flag in a
partition.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Oct 2008 15:12:48
Message: <4904c130$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:40:02 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>>> I'll eat my underwears if they do. :D
>> You'll have to video that one. ;-)
>
> In my experience, the proper response is
>     GIF! GIF! GIF!

LOL

Jim

Post a reply to this message

From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Oct 2008 15:13:25
Message: <4904c155$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 09:51:04 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> I think this is because GRUB is actually a more complex piece of
>> software compared to LILO.
>
> Yep.
>
>> That's not how I remember it, but I generally didn't have multiple MS
>> OSes installed simultaneously.
>
> Remember that MS was selling Xenix long before Linux was conceived.

True, but there again, the Xenix systems that I saw and worked on only
ran Xenix....We actually used that for the "library" system in the
computer lab at the school I went to.

Jim

Post a reply to this message