POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Interconnected Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Interconnected (Message 13 to 22 of 32)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Interconnected
Date: 17 Oct 2008 11:54:13
Message: <48f8b525@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> And now, colour-coded by priority...

  If I run it through optipng and pngout, it gets reduced from 66135 bytes
to 61569 bytes losslessly.

  If I reduce it to 64 colors first, it gets reduced to 50843 bytes without
noticeable loss.

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 17 Oct 2008 11:56:01
Message: <48f8b591@news.povray.org>
Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
> You know, the longer I stare at this diagram, the more features and
> concepts I realise I've left out. It's true: when you know a subject
> well, it really becomes very difficult to avoid overlooking things that
> have become completely "obvious" to you...

  And then they say C++ is complicated...

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 17 Oct 2008 13:11:39
Message: <48f8c74b$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   And then they say C++ is complicated...

Perhaps you could try drawing up a similar diagram for C++? I'm sure
that between integer type modifiers, pointers & references, const &
volatile, the new operator, implicit conversions, default
constructors/descructors, templates, the preprocessor, function
overriding, and everything else C++ has to offer, it'll come out
similarly tangled. ;-)

The difference, I think, is that in C++ you don't need to know so many
things to start writing useful code, whereas in Haskell, since
everything is related to almost everything else, you need to actually
know quite a lot of stuff all at once before you can "get going".

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/