POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Teh intertubes Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:38:49 EDT (-0400)
  Teh intertubes (Message 37 to 46 of 46)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Teh intertubes
Date: 20 Oct 2008 15:09:32
Message: <48fcd76c$1@news.povray.org>
>> Have you seen the LEGO Star Wars IV porn video?
>
> No, do I want to?
>
>> (No, I'm not making that up...)
>
> Eek!

I don't know where they got *that* piece from... and I don't think I
want to, actually. o_O

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Abject failure
Date: 20 Oct 2008 15:42:17
Message: <48fcdf19$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> This is possibly a dumb question, but... how *do* you add a video to
> YouTube?

Well, having the right equipment would be a good start.

My video camera records directly to DVD. I was hoping it would be a
simple matter to copy the video files to my PC in order to edit and then
upload them. However, to my utter *rage*, this is impossible. The camera
plays the disks, my grandparents' old DVD player plays the disks, but my
PC *insists* that all of the disks are completely blank.

Words cannot express how angry I am right now...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> > This is possibly a dumb question, but... how *do* you add a video to
> > YouTube?
>
> Well, having the right equipment would be a good start.
>
> My video camera records directly to DVD. I was hoping it would be a
> simple matter to copy the video files to my PC in order to edit and then
> upload them. However, to my utter *rage*, this is impossible. The camera
> plays the disks, my grandparents' old DVD player plays the disks, but my
> PC *insists* that all of the disks are completely blank.
>
> Words cannot express how angry I am right now...
>
> --
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/
> http://www.zazzle.com/MathematicalOrchid*

My video camera also records to a DVD.  I get the same symptoms if I don't
"finalize" the disk.  The video recorder and an older dvd player will play it,
a newer dvd player and my pc won't play it if I don't finalize disk properly.

Isaac

Post a reply to this message

> My video camera records directly to DVD. I was hoping it would be a
> simple matter to copy the video files to my PC in order to edit and then
> upload them. However, to my utter *rage*, this is impossible. The camera
> plays the disks, my grandparents' old DVD player plays the disks, but my
> PC *insists* that all of the disks are completely blank.
>
> Words cannot express how angry I am right now...

	Someone didn't do his research before buying the camera?

--
Cut my pizza in six slices, please; I can't eat eight.

                    /\  /\               /\  /
                   /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                   anl

Post a reply to this message

> 	Someone didn't do his research before buying the camera?

*I* didn't buy anything. :-P It was a gift...

Post a reply to this message

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 22:22:38 -0500, Mueen Nawaz wrote:

> Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>> My video camera records directly to DVD. I was hoping it would be a
>> simple matter to copy the video files to my PC in order to edit and
>> then upload them. However, to my utter *rage*, this is impossible. The
>> camera plays the disks, my grandparents' old DVD player plays the
>> disks, but my PC *insists* that all of the disks are completely blank.
>>
>> Words cannot express how angry I am right now...
>
> 	Someone didn't do his research before buying the camera?

I've actually seen discs like this myself - had someone record one and it
appeared completely blank on my PC.  I don't know that that's something
that they advertise, because the person who sent me the disc is pretty
saavy.

Jim

Post a reply to this message