POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Have I missed something? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Have I missed something? (Message 1 to 10 of 39)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Have I missed something?
Date: 10 Oct 2008 15:28:58
Message: <48efacfa$1@news.povray.org>
Today somebody posted a message anouncing an alpha release of a Haskell
to .NET bridge. Somebody reponded with "wow, great work! This could be a
real game changer."

I can't help but feel I've missed something important here...

Since when is .NET actually important? AFAIK, absolutely nobody on Earth
actually uses it for any purpose whatsoever. So... why would having a
bridge to it be of any signifigance? What am I not seeing here??

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Fri, 10 Oct 2008 20:29:04 +0100, Orchid XP v8 <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:

>Since when is .NET actually important? AFAIK, absolutely nobody on Earth
>actually uses it for any purpose whatsoever. So... why would having a
>bridge to it be of any signifigance? What am I not seeing here??

You're obviously trolling.  This can't really be a valid set of questions/comments.

Post a reply to this message

> Today somebody posted a message anouncing an alpha release of a Haskell
> to .NET bridge. Somebody reponded with "wow, great work! This could be a
> real game changer."
>
> I can't help but feel I've missed something important here...
>
> Since when is .NET actually important? AFAIK, absolutely nobody on Earth
> actually uses it for any purpose whatsoever. So... why would having a
> bridge to it be of any signifigance? What am I not seeing here??

I think you misspelled: It's spelled Haskell, not .NET.

But yes, I don't see a significance to the bridge either.

Post a reply to this message