POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yay, stress! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Yay, stress! (Message 15 to 24 of 24)
From: scott
Subject: Re: Yay, stress!
Date: 8 Oct 2008 02:53:58
Message: <48ec5906$1@news.povray.org>
> Computers don't stress me out. Management politics stress me out. :-/ And
> being considered to be some kind of nobody idiot who doesn't know what
> they're talking about and can't be trusted with anything stresses me out.
> The actual computer-related parts don't really stress me.

Hehe, you should read more BOFH :-)  Seriously though, a few incidents that
you manage well (ie informing management continuously what is happening)
will put you in better light.  Speak to your boss about what he did and why
he didn't ask you first, if you don't get a satisfactory answer then *tell
him* that, that it's not acceptable, explain why, and speak to someone else
if necessary.  Tell him why it's important that nobody can modify the IT
systems without your knowledge, you should fix things so that it's
*impossible* for him to make any changes like that again without you
knowing.  If you don't have a good talk with him he will do it again and
annoy you more.

> Yeah. But not when computing is your only commercially important skill.

Well (from what I remember) your company is certainly not paying you as
someone with a commercially important skill.

Post a reply to this message