POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Yay, stress! : Re: Yay, stress! Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yay, stress!
From: Stephen
Date: 9 Oct 2008 13:06:29
Message: <3gdse412hies9g4oa2jjb1n8j87qq1rr7k@4ax.com>
On 9 Oct 2008 12:13:51 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:

>On Thu, 09 Oct 2008 08:59:54 +0100, Stephen wrote:
>
>> On 8 Oct 2008 11:24:55 -0400, Jim Henderson <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote:
>>
>>>What do program management and IT have in common?
>>
>> They are natural enemies IMO.
>
>I am my own enemy? ;-)

Aren't we all to some extent? :)

>> I've just come off a project that is being program managed to death,
>> More time is spent in meetings, deciding how to catch up than doing the
>> work to catch up.
>
>I'm using "Program Management" not in the PMP sense of the term - but
>running a program (like a partner program, for example).  I understand
>that PMP defines "Program Management" as essentially "managing a bunch of
>little interrelated projects".  In the sense of program management that
>I'm using, there's actually very little project management.

I think that I need a lexicon. Maybe we can use the British spelling of
programme/project management for those eedgits and program for computer stuff.

You might be able to tell that I'm a bit tee'd off with my last project but not
as much as they will be when one of the other configures hands in his notice
next week :D
I just didn't renew my contract.
--

Regards