POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ questions Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:23:36 EDT (-0400)
  C++ questions (Message 31 to 40 of 123)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: C++ questions
Date: 26 Sep 2008 09:07:26
Message: <48dcde8e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Pointers to members?
>
>   You don't need them.

That's what I was pretty much hoping, yeah.

Looks like it would only be useful for some pretty obscure situations...

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 26 Sep 2008 09:12:31
Message: <48dcdfbf$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Copy...constructor...? x_x
>
>   Usually you don't need copy constructors unless you have pointers as
> member variables of your class and you explicitly allocate memory to
> them with 'new'. But we don't do that, do we? ;)

Heh. I get the impression that most of the stuff I'm reading about now
is stuff that "you won't normally need". ;-)

(E.g., apparently you can overload the "->" operator... GAH! >_< OK, I
am *so* not trying that out!)

Anyway, the main reason I haven't written a Third C++ Program yet is
that I'm trying to think of something I actually want to write that's
implementable without automatic memory management...

Post a reply to this message