POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : C++ questions : Re: C++ questions Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:25:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: C++ questions
From: Invisible
Date: 26 Sep 2008 09:12:31
Message: <48dcdfbf$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Invisible <voi### [at] devnull> wrote:
>> Copy...constructor...? x_x
>
>   Usually you don't need copy constructors unless you have pointers as
> member variables of your class and you explicitly allocate memory to
> them with 'new'. But we don't do that, do we? ;)

Heh. I get the impression that most of the stuff I'm reading about now
is stuff that "you won't normally need". ;-)

(E.g., apparently you can overload the "->" operator... GAH! >_< OK, I
am *so* not trying that out!)

Anyway, the main reason I haven't written a Third C++ Program yet is
that I'm trying to think of something I actually want to write that's
implementable without automatic memory management...