POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Apophysis 3D Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Apophysis 3D (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: stbenge
Subject: Apophysis 3D
Date: 22 Sep 2008 02:43:22
Message: <48d73e8a@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Not sure if you were aware of this, or if you even care, but there is a
3D version of Apophysis! It's been out since last year, apparently. I
just discovered it last night...
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=127736&package_id=247752&release_id=543955

And today I managed to crank this image out of it:
http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/a1.jpg

It's not the best example of what the "3D hack" can do, but it's the
best I've come up with so far. It hasn't been post-processed in any way;
the focal blur effect was rendered along with the fractal.

For more examples, try Deviant Art:
http://apophysis.deviantart.com/journal/2038750/

And the guy behind the hack, Zueuk:
http://zueuk.deviantart.com/

This program renders large images slowly, but the outcome can be
astonishing. I hope you have fun :)

Sam

Post a reply to this message

> And today I managed to crank this image out of it:
> http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/a1.jpg

Oooo... preeeedy!

My only problem with Apophysis is that it keeps crashing and just
generally seems kinda buggy.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> And today I managed to crank this image out of it:
>> http://www.caltel.com/~abenge/a1.jpg
>
> Oooo... preeeedy!
>
> My only problem with Apophysis is that it keeps crashing and just
> generally seems kinda buggy.

Hmm, you are running it under XP, yes? I use XP myself and I have not
had it crash yet. Are you using a new version of Apophysis?

Post a reply to this message