POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Doomed? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 03:21:56 EDT (-0400)
  Doomed? (Message 48 to 57 of 57)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Doomed?
Date: 22 Sep 2008 09:34:34
Message: <48d79eea$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:

> Spore. heh. Opinions about the game are pretty polarized. Either people
> love it or hate it. I'm in the "Love It" camp. Eats away countless
> hours. So many paths to take ...

...paths like *this*?

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080627

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 22 Sep 2008 09:51:49
Message: <48d7a2f5$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>
>>   Oh, and that just for creating CLI programs. You can probably forget
>> about creating win32 programs. The learning curve is steep. No, it's not
>> steep. It's a vertical wall.
>
> Yeah, what Warp said. Especially for Windows programming.

That's what .NET is for. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)

Post a reply to this message

From: Invisible
Date: 22 Sep 2008 09:53:54
Message: <48d7a372@news.povray.org>
>>>   Oh, and that just for creating CLI programs. You can probably forget
>>> about creating win32 programs. The learning curve is steep. No, it's not
>>> steep. It's a vertical wall.
>>
>> Yeah, what Warp said. Especially for Windows programming.
>
> That's what .NET is for. :-)

...or you could just use Java, which is a touch more portable. (And also
*doesn't* take 25 minutes to install.)

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 22 Sep 2008 10:04:19
Message: <48d7a5e3$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> ....or you could just use Java, which is a touch more portable.

... in its own way. As long as you already have the right version of
Java installed.

From: Mike Raiford
Date: 22 Sep 2008 10:10:49
Message: <48d7a769$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Mike Raiford wrote:
>
>> Spore. heh. Opinions about the game are pretty polarized. Either
>> people love it or hate it. I'm in the "Love It" camp. Eats away
>> countless hours. So many paths to take ...
>
> ...paths like *this*?
>
> http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20080627

The way I have my game set up, I avoid monstrosities such as that.. As
well as Charles Darwins, killer teapots, and nests of Gazeebos. :)

But, yes ... >sigh< I suppose if you're on that level, that *is* a path
you could take...

--
~Mike

Post a reply to this message

> The way I have my game set up, I avoid monstrosities such as that.. As
> well as Charles Darwins, killer teapots, and nests of Gazeebos. :)

How'd you manage that?

> But, yes ... >sigh< I suppose if you're on that level, that *is* a path
> you could take...

Unfortunately, there are people on the Internet who operate at or below
this level. And somehow they all seem very much louder than the
perfectly normal people who presumably also exist out there somewhere...

Post a reply to this message