POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : random memory Server Time
6 Sep 2024 23:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  random memory (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Tom Austin
Subject: random memory
Date: 17 Sep 2008 15:39:15
Message: <48d15ce3$1@news.povray.org>
the question about smelling salts reminded something that I saw a long
time ago that makes me chuckle now and then.

Back in the 80's when i was in Hawaii the movie miniseries "V - The
Final Battle" came on.
	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(The_Final_Battle)

Anyhow, at the end of the second episode the 'babies' are born.
	One 'normal' and one pretty ugly looking.

During the last cut to commercials right after this scene there is a
live feed from the news room with the anchor giving a 'next on the news'
commercial...

The live feed was of the newscaster on the floor out cold and someone
yelling 'get the smelling salts.'  All 15 or so seconds of it.

Apparently he was watching the end of the movie while getting ready and
when that scene came on he fainted.

He was back up and functioning by the time the credits were over and the
news actually started.

A couple of years later they ran a rerun of the miniseries and he was
still the anchor.  He made a funny comment something like 'still pretty
ugly'.

I guess it is one of those things where you just had to be there.

LAter... Tom

Post a reply to this message