POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Games programmers Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:16:05 EDT (-0400)
  Games programmers (Message 110 to 119 of 179)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: Games programmers
Date: 12 Sep 2008 14:03:23
Message: <48caaeeb$1@news.povray.org>
>> At times like this I wish for a time machine and go back and shoot the
>> moron that first used the 'short-circuit Boolean operators'
>> expression. Mind you I am normally not an aggressive person.
>
> I'll help you.
> I'm currently having a 'discussion' with an 'enlightened individual'
> who's trying to tell me that T-SQL (as in the implementation in MS SQL
> Server) does the same short-circuit evaluation that C++ and C# (and
> probably others) do.
>
> Please note the deliberate sarcasm in the above statement.

...so, an "enlightened individual" is telling an MSVP how her product
speciality works?

That's interesting...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Gail
Date: 12 Sep 2008 14:07:12
Message: <48caafd0@news.povray.org>

>> For fun I tried babelfish:
>> Ik werkelijk begrijp niet waarom u het zo vindt hard om C. te leren. Er
>> is slechts een uiterst klein aantal kernverklaringen (als als, terwijl,
>> terugkeer enz.) en de syntaxis van hen allen is zeer gelijkaardig. Hoe te
>> om functies te schrijven moet u enkel leren, maar dat is het zelfde voor
>> om het even welke taal. Schrijven van wiskundige formules is ook zeer
>> gemakkelijk en gelijkaardig aan bijna elke andere taal die (+ -/* enz.
>> gebruikt). Als u geavanceerder wilt worden, dan leer om series te
>> behandelen en welke & en * (vrij gemakkelijke dingen zich te herinneren,
>> niet bij allen complex), en u bent vrij veel plaatst om 99.999% van de
>> code van C - met inbegrip van dingen als daar te begrijpen terwijl (*v++
>> = *s++); Wat is het probleem?
>
> My God... It's... It's like... [I'm searching for the HGTTG quote]... It's
> like a psuedo-random assortment of letters!

Dis nie soo erg nie. Dis amper die selfte as Afrikaans, behlawe van die 'ij'
konstruk. Die taal is maklik vergelyk its soos Zoeloe.
Wat is jou probleem?

Post a reply to this message

> ...so, an "enlightened individual" is telling an MSVP how her product
> speciality works?

(MVP)

> That's interesting...

That's one way of putting it.