POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Questions on a friday afternoon Server Time
7 Sep 2024 09:21:16 EDT (-0400)
  Questions on a friday afternoon (Message 1 to 10 of 17)
From: Invisible
Subject: Questions on a friday afternoon
Date: 29 Aug 2008 11:40:09
Message: <48b81859$1@news.povray.org>
Fact: It is impossible to determine whether two arbitrary expressions
are equivilent.

Question: Is it possible to determine whether one arbitrary expression
is equivilent to a second, predetermined, expression?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> Fact: It is impossible to determine whether two arbitrary expressions
> are equivilent.

> Question: Is it possible to determine whether one arbitrary expression
> is equivilent to a second, predetermined, expression?

Of course not. If it's not clear, think of the one arbitrary expression as
expressing equivalency of two arbitrary expressions.

Post a reply to this message

> Fact: It is impossible to determine whether two arbitrary expressions
> are equivilent.

  Define expression.

  (And for that matter, define "equivilent".)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message