POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Vista Updates... *sigh* Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Vista Updates... *sigh* (Message 41 to 50 of 55)
<<< Previous 10 Messages Goto Latest 10 Messages Next 5 Messages >>>
From: scott
Subject: Re: New heights
Date: 29 Aug 2008 03:57:56
Message: <48b7ac04@news.povray.org>
> The hardest part was operating the mouse with its axies transposed

Couldn't you just rotate the mouse to match? It might be a bit awkward to
hold at 90 degrees, but at least it should be easy to control.

> the user thought I was God-like for pulling that off! ;-)

Hehe, reminds me of when I had to download and reinstall the graphics card
driver on a Japanese laptop.  I managed to locate and download the driver
from a Japanese website, uninstall the old one and put the new one on there,
all without being able to read a single word of Japanese.  The owner of the
laptop was suitably impressed that I could apparently "translate" phrases
like "do you want to restart now?" and "are the new display settings ok? if
not will revert back in 15." :-)

Post a reply to this message

>> The hardest part was operating the mouse with its axies transposed
>
> Couldn't you just rotate the mouse to match? It might be a bit awkward
> to hold at 90 degrees, but at least it should be easy to control.

Hmm, would that actually work? And how do you press the buttons?

Anyway, it's not _that_ hard to do this. (Ever played a flight simulator
where the Y control is inverted?)

>> the user thought I was God-like for pulling that off! ;-)
>
> Hehe, reminds me of when I had to download and reinstall the graphics
> card driver on a Japanese laptop.  I managed to locate and download the
> driver from a Japanese website, uninstall the old one and put the new
> one on there, all without being able to read a single word of Japanese.
> The owner of the laptop was suitably impressed that I could apparently
> "translate" phrases like "do you want to restart now?" and "are the new
> display settings ok? if not will revert back in 15." :-)

Hee... I did this with a machine that was running a German copy of
Windows 3.11. (This was in 2006 by the way...!) I can't remember what I
was called in to do - probably just install the right language files -
but I succeeded at any rate.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/