POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Batman Server Time
10 Oct 2024 07:50:36 EDT (-0400)
  Batman (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Warp
Subject: Re: Batman
Date: 4 Aug 2008 12:47:17
Message: <48973295@news.povray.org>
Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
> On 4 Aug 2008 09:42:49 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

> >  Well, he has to talk differently when being Batman so that people won't
> >recognize him from his voice. What would be a better alternative to mask
> >your own voice?

> It's not the fact that he had to talk differently that bothered me; it is the fact
that he sounded like a 75 year old man that smoked too much.  I expected a more
powerful voice for Batman, something
> smoother and richer.

  Maybe, but still: How to modify your own voice to make sure nobody
recognizes you?

  Maybe in the last two Batman movies the voice is not cool, but at least
it's realistic. :)

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 4 Aug 2008 13:02:08
Message: <48973610@news.povray.org>
This can be watched without having seen the movie (it doesn't spoil
too much), but it's best if you have seen the movie first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

--
                                                          - Warp

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 4 Aug 2008 14:05:08
Message: <489744d4@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Maybe, but still: How to modify your own voice to make sure nobody
> recognizes you?

I think rock guitar players have known how to do this for a while. If
you can get your shoes to summon bats, you can probably get one of those
mission:impossible things too.

 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

Gets funnier as it goes!

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Ever notice how people in a zombie movie never already know how to

Post a reply to this message

From: Kyle
Date: 4 Aug 2008 14:32:59
Message: <qiie94da4assqg2t7mupe8ao42aqknb0pi@4ax.com>
On 4 Aug 2008 13:02:08 -0400, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:

>  This can be watched without having seen the movie (it doesn't spoil
>too much), but it's best if you have seen the movie first:
>
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yv8aT0UFc

Now that's damn funny!!!

Darren summed up my thoughts on the voice too.  How about a bat-voice-modifier?  I
mean, if he can build, or have built, some of the crazy tools he uses now, especially
in this movie, why not a
voice-disguising device?