POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  People are crazy (Message 31 to 40 of 62)
From: St
Subject: Re: People are crazy
Date: 25 Jul 2008 00:17:02
Message: <488953be$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Henderson" <nos### [at] nospamcom> wrote in message

> Ah, I see - well, I somehow missed that.  That's not nearly as bad as it
> could have been, though I'm sure even 30 days was no cakewalk.

       Yes, I was a Rebel without a Cause...   ;)

        I went in as a 19 year old boy and came out as 20 year old man. I
learnt *a lot* in there. When I first got arrested, it was a Sunday, and I
was tucked up in bed with my other half dreaming of that super-bike that I
would never have, but the police were like: "Can't you just pay the fine
now?" They didn't want to take me in for non payment of fine and they were
like: "This is nuts". But, I just couldn't pay the fine, so I had to go.
Now, because in the eyes of the law I was still technically a 'youth', my
sentence was 30 days in a youth offender's hostel, but there weren't any
places that they could get me into easily and quickly, which resulted in me
being put in a normal adult prison for the first 4 days. Those 4 days,
(sharing a cell with that Rasta guy), were the scariest of my life.

    They then drove me 150 miles away to complete my sentence in a youth
offenders hostel where I shared a dorm with another 19 lads. Oh. My. God.
That really woke me up. Every trick under the sun was witnessed and
experienced by myself. First night: my bed collapsed when I jumped in.
Second night: head first down the dorm toilet. Third night: razor blade to
the throat. Fourth night: a fight with a weirdo that had a 'grudge' against
me. Fifth night: a new guy arrives. He doesn't want to be in this place, he
wants to be somewhere else, so someone suggested that he smashes all the of
the dorm windows - so he did, and he got moved - to solitary, lol! And it
goes on. Every day, there was something new happening. Most of it was fun
and a good laugh like some of the guys got another guy to do that spinning
thing with a broom handle piercing the ceiling and then the guy did about
200 spins underneath it, and when he finished, another guy bear-hugged him
until he was unconcious - I have never seen anything so funny! The guy was
drunk without alcohol! He was falling over, he was saying weird things,
(like talking to his mum, even though she wasn't there). But, to be honest,
thinking about it now, that guy was probably close to death.

    Yes, a weird episode in my life, but like I mentioned, I learnt a lot.
After I was released, I never rode a motorbike again.

     ~Steve~

> Jim

Post a reply to this message