POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : People are crazy : Re: People are crazy Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:25:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: People are crazy
From: Invisible
Date: 25 Jul 2008 04:21:58
Message: <48898d26$1@news.povray.org>
>> However, I rather suspect that what they *actually* do is take (say) 1 L
>> of pure botox and mix with 9 L of pure water, then take 1 L of the
>> mixture and add it to another 9 L of pure water, then... recurse a few
>> times and you can create a water/botox mixture of very precise
>> concentration without having to actually measure anything particularly
>> accurately.
>
>   That assumes the botox spreads evenly inside the water and doesn't
> clump (eg. because of chemical properties or gravity).

Yes, it does. Typically this is a reasonable assumption. (There is
obviously a lot of stiring involved.)

I note that while it may be very difficult to measure out tiny volumes
of a liquid or solid, it is probably quite *easy* to take some diluted
botox and confirm exactly how dilute it is or isn't. (This is precisely
the kind of job my company gets paid for.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/