POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Youth wasted on the young Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Youth wasted on the young (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Youth wasted on the young
Date: 18 Jul 2008 10:44:38
Message: <4880ac56@news.povray.org>
After trying to break back into the job market after a ten year absense I
just thought I'd like to share a recent job interview expierence.

I was ask what I felt a my strength(s) were (personal or otherwise) ..... I
mentioned my work ethic, and my willingness to do what ever it takes to come
up to speed and become productive in my new environment. I went on to
explain that when I first reported aboard the USS Kitty Hawk I was expected
to do a tour of duty in the galley washing pot and pans. When my shift was
over I went up to my shop and began learning the systems I'd be working on
eventually. That earned me my divisions sailor of the month for Aug 1975.
The guy doing the tech portion of the interview laughed and said "I wasn't
even born yet!" ..... the chief technical officer concurred and offered that
he was only two at that time. I started wondering if I'd just been diss'ed
or not ..... maybe it's just me. Youth (as they say) is wasted on the young.

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Youth (as they say) is wasted on the young.

Heh. If I knew then what I know now...

...well actually, that's the really pathetic part. I'd probably *still*
do everything completely wrong! :-(

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/