POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : secure way to transfer money? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:35 EDT (-0400)
  secure way to transfer money? (Message 12 to 21 of 31)
From: scott
Subject: Re: secure way to transfer money?
Date: 23 Jul 2008 03:37:30
Message: <4886dfba$1@news.povray.org>
> Sure, but in most cases when multiple cards are misused you can trace it
> back to one or more stores if that happens.

Unless the store never puts through the orders on the cards they steal.

Post a reply to this message

From: Mueen Nawaz
Date: 23 Jul 2008 15:40:09
Message: <48878919$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> Huh?  Our border folks ask for *credit card info* upon entry to the US?
> That's news to me....But I always go through the "citizens" line, so I'm
> not as familiar with what the process is for non-citizens.

	Citizens of some countries (now all except for a few?) are required to
go through what was once called "special registration" when they enter
the US. You know - that program they started in 2002 to register all
non-permanent residents of certain countries residing in the US?
Offshoot of that. Credit card info was very often asked in those
sessions. I haven't asked anyone whose come in recently, but it wouldn't
surprise me if they still ask that often.

--
----> If you cut here, you'll ruin your monitor. <----

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl