POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : secure way to transfer money? : Re: secure way to transfer money? Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: secure way to transfer money?
From: scott
Date: 24 Jul 2008 03:18:00
Message: <48882ca8@news.povray.org>
>> Unless the store never puts through the orders on the cards they steal.
>
> That's true, but the store would have to be complicit as well, then - or
> there'd be serious underages in sales and problems with inventory
> reconciliation.

If it's a small 1-man-show store then that shouldn't be a problem.
Otherwise the "criminal" can just put cash in the register to avoid
detection.

I always wonder with those chip&pin boxes that everywhere has now (in the UK
and Germany at least), how do you ever know that the box is genuine?  Makes
me feel like always deliberately typing in a wrong PIN number first time,
just to see if it correctly states it was wrong :-)