POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:17:28 EDT (-0400)
  Back to the future (Message 51 to 60 of 234)
From: Invisible
Subject: Re: Back to the future
Date: 23 Jul 2008 04:02:44
Message: <4886e5a4$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:

> The Amiga was the de facto standard for television quality broadcasting,
> as many have also mentioned.

Really? De facto? I mean, I know it was used by a few people, but I
didn't think it had reached the level of "standard". (But obviously, I
don't work in TV.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Invisible
Date: 23 Jul 2008 04:06:56
Message: <4886e6a0$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> Every Amiga XXX had the exact same performance characteristics.

In a way, this ended up being the Amiga's doom; as soon as you modify an
Amiga in any way, lots of software breaks (most especially games). Don't
get me wrong, the software that follows the rules works just fine - but
why ask the OS to do something when you already "know" what the hardware is?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/