POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Back to the future : Re: More futures Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More futures
From: Invisible
Date: 23 Jul 2008 04:20:35
Message: <4886e9d3$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:

> Oh I loved flashback, I think it was one of the first games that I
> actually spent a long continuous amount of time playing until I finished
> it.  But I got stuck right at the end (I think I said that before in
> here and someone told me what I missed).

Amiga Format gave away a coverdisk containing almost all of level 1 of
Flashback. After spending a week completing it, it was perfectly clear
that I had to own this game.

My dad eventually purchased the ECS version. I've never played the AGA
version, but it seems some of the cut sequences were much longer and
more detailed.

Unfortunately, attempting to play the ECS version on an AGA machine
results in the audio and video getting out of sync. (Apparently it's
timed according to how fast the graphics can be drawn, so on a more
powerful machine, the graphics draws faster and gets ahead of the
music.) Bit of a pity. Oh, and it doesn't run on my Amiga with its
updated ROM either...

That was a damned fine game. I adored the graphics of the opening level,
although many of the other levels were much less graphically
interesting. The final level was just awesome.

I don't suppose you even have the game any more, but where did you get
stuck?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/