POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Astonishment Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Astonishment (Message 31 to 40 of 90)
From: Darren New
Subject: Re: Astonishment
Date: 14 Jul 2008 14:20:32
Message: <487b98f0@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:
> The Romans pretty much had the same gods as the Greeks, the names were changed
> to protect the innocent. :)

Well, yes, naturally. All the more reason to start wars over it. ;-)

> Also when the Romans were in power Greece was subjective to them and I would
> think that they would talk about Jupiter or Jove rather than Zeus to Romans out
> of respect.

I wasn't sure that was the case. My ancient history isn't too good. :-)

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints:

From: scott
Date: 15 Jul 2008 03:12:31
Message: <487c4ddf@news.povray.org>
>> Exactly, which is why they should have systems in place to stop mistakes,
>> which will happen, getting outside their company.  But I guess that costs
>> money so they make some compromise.
>>

> Those systems are made by humans, so they are always compromises.

Of course, but a group of clever humans can design a system that prevents
all the common mistakes from getting out.

> Or why do you think software has bugs and holes? :)

Because usually it's not worth the effort preventing them getting out?  It's
not because it's impossible.  Compare software released for home/office use
with software released for running cars, or factories, or power stations, or
planes, or space ships.

Post a reply to this message