POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Astonishment : Re: Astonishment Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:14:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Astonishment
From: scott
Date: 15 Jul 2008 03:12:31
Message: <487c4ddf@news.povray.org>
>> Exactly, which is why they should have systems in place to stop mistakes,
>> which will happen, getting outside their company.  But I guess that costs
>> money so they make some compromise.
>>

> Those systems are made by humans, so they are always compromises.

Of course, but a group of clever humans can design a system that prevents
all the common mistakes from getting out.

> Or why do you think software has bugs and holes? :)

Because usually it's not worth the effort preventing them getting out?  It's
not because it's impossible.  Compare software released for home/office use
with software released for running cars, or factories, or power stations, or
planes, or space ships.