POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hey Warp... Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Hey Warp... (Message 1 to 10 of 19)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Hey Warp...
Date: 11 Jul 2008 15:12:39
Message: <4877b0a7$1@news.povray.org>
I'm 97% sure you'll be able to answer this...

You know when somebody says something like "the TCP protocol", but the P
already stands for "protocol", so they're really saying "the
transmission control protocol protocol"... annoying, isn't it?... is
there a name for that particular mistake?

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

Reminds me of FAT tables, or "please respond with an RSVP".  Dunno if
there's a name for it though.

Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I'm 97% sure you'll be able to answer this...
>
> You know when somebody says something like "the TCP protocol", but the P
> already stands for "protocol", so they're really saying "the
> transmission control protocol protocol"... annoying, isn't it?... is
> there a name for that particular mistake?

Post a reply to this message

> Reminds me of FAT tables, or "please respond with an RSVP".  Dunno if
> there's a name for it though.

This is Kerry, our new QC checker...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:12:41 +0100, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> s there a name for
> that particular mistake?

Redundancy. ;-)

ATM Machine, NIC Card....