POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : vr technology question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  vr technology question (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: Orchid XP v8
Subject: Re: vr technology question
Date: 20 Jul 2008 14:35:19
Message: <48838567@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> (why is XML used for *everything* these days?).

You only need one parser, and there are automated tools to check for
correct structuring.

The idea behind XML is simple enough, and certainly not without virtue.
Whether XML itself is the best possible way this kind of thing could
have been done... hmm. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> (why is XML used for *everything* these days?).
>
> You only need one parser, and there are automated tools to check for
> correct structuring.

Still... you'd think that if that were the goal, they could design it so
that it DOESN'T exponentially increase your file size.

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message