POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : vr technology question : Re: vr technology question Server Time
7 Sep 2024 13:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: vr technology question
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 20 Jul 2008 15:57:10
Message: <48839896@news.povray.org>
>> You only need one parser, and there are automated tools to check for
>> correct structuring.
>
> Still... you'd think that if that were the goal, they could design it so
> that it DOESN'T exponentially increase your file size.

Oh come now, it only induces a *linear* size increase. And any
half-decent compression algorithm can elide that. ;-)

In simple terms, redundancy = it's easier to detect when it's broken.

XML does however have a small zoo of other problems. You know, I lot of
people think that "XML" just means "I make up some tag names" and that's
all there is to it. It's actually way more complicated than most people
realise. I *still* can't get it to work right... :-S

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/