POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : D day Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  D day (Message 1 to 10 of 21)
From: Invisible
Subject: D day
Date: 3 Jul 2008 04:15:52
Message: <486c8ab8$1@news.povray.org>
D is for DESTRUCTION! >:-D

Today is the day that our old premises begin to be destroyed. Already
the doors and some of the windows are missing. Apparently today the roof
comes off.

KILL! KILL! KILL!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

From: Jim Holsenback
Subject: Re: D day
Date: 3 Jul 2008 06:27:25
Message: <486ca98d@news.povray.org>
>D is for DESTRUCTION! >:-D

or demolition ....... nothing like watching an old building comming down!
from personal expierience swinging a sledge hammer can be very cathartic

Post a reply to this message

> or demolition ....... nothing like watching an old building comming down!

Meh. They're recycling all the materials, so it's not like they just
smash it to pieces.

> from personal expierience swinging a sledge hammer can be very cathartic

I have no idea what that words means - but from experience, swinging a 4
lb lump hummar is... completely ineffective, actually.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

> I have no idea what that words means - but from experience, swinging a 4
> lb lump hummar is... completely ineffective, actually.

When they knocked down this old garage opposite us they took the wooden/felt
roofing off by hand, then drove a digger into the brick walls repeatedly.
It looked quite fun.

Post a reply to this message

> When they knocked down this old garage opposite us they took the
> wooden/felt roofing off by hand, then drove a digger into the brick
> walls repeatedly. It looked quite fun.

Yeah - but probably harder than it looks. ;-)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/

>> from personal expierience swinging a sledge hammer can be very cathartic
>
> I have no idea what that words means - but from experience, swinging a 4
> lb lump hummar is... completely ineffective, actually.

from doubleday dictionary:
catharsis: a purifying or relieving of emotions ..... cathatic is it's
adjective

Jim

Post a reply to this message

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:58:39 +0100, Invisible wrote:

> I have no idea what that words means - but from experience, swinging a 4
> lb lump hummar is... completely ineffective, actually.

Depends on the target....

Jim

Post a reply to this message

> Today is the day that our old premises begin to be destroyed. Already
> the doors and some of the windows are missing. Apparently today the roof
> comes off.
>
> KILL! KILL! KILL!

Pictures?

...Chambers

Post a reply to this message

>> I have no idea what that words means - but from experience, swinging a 4
>> lb lump hummar is... completely ineffective, actually.
>
> Depends on the target....

My dad's sofa.

(Yes, he did ask me to do this. Said it would fit in the car easier in
pieces. After about an hour, having inflicted approximately 2% damage, I
got bored. And exhausted...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/