POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : D day : Re: D day Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: D day
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Jul 2008 05:20:29
Message: <486deb5d$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:05:58 +0100, Invisible wrote:

>>> I have no idea what that words means - but from experience, swinging a
>>> 4 lb lump hummar is... completely ineffective, actually.
>>
>> Depends on the target....
>
> My dad's sofa.

LOL!

> (Yes, he did ask me to do this. Said it would fit in the car easier in
> pieces. After about an hour, having inflicted approximately 2% damage, I
> got bored. And exhausted...)

See, we had to demolish a fireplace enclosure, and we used a good-sized
sledge and a normal claw hammer.  But the materials used were chipboard
and fake stone, so it went pretty quick with those.  I could hit our sofa
in particular places and not cause any damage, even with the sledge
(which I think weighs about 20 lbs).

Jim