POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 17:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Paraniod (Message 86 to 95 of 125)
From: Eero Ahonen
Subject: Re: Paraniod
Date: 6 Jul 2008 05:08:38
Message: <48708b96$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Just boot an OS from a media that he does not control.
> E.g. Knoppix from a CD or a memory stick.

You do realize that if it's a company machine, he controls the boot order.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Darren New
Date: 6 Jul 2008 11:59:04
Message: <4870ebc8$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
> I was say this with complete authority: If you are not a computer
> expert, there is nothing you can do to stop your sysadmin reading
> through your stuff if he wants.

Remember that not all sysadmins are as clued also. Would *you* know how
to flash a BIOS so it looks like it's booting your operating system but
is really booting a different one? I sure wouldn't.

--
Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
  Helpful housekeeping hints:

>> I was say this with complete authority: If you are not a computer
>> expert, there is nothing you can do to stop your sysadmin reading
>> through your stuff if he wants.
>
> Remember that not all sysadmins are as clued also. Would *you* know how
> to flash a BIOS so it looks like it's booting your operating system but
> is really booting a different one? I sure wouldn't.

Would a typical non-expert computer user know how to do something that
actually requires this? No. ;-)

If we assume that the sysadmin is sufficiently more knowledgable than
you that you're asking somebody else who to keep them out, you're more
or less doomed to failure. (Unless the person you ask knows your system
well and comes up with some damned good advice!)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/